It's a very unbeautiful day in the neighborhood, but won't you be mine? I mean, won't you be mine? I am sitting in the horrifically compressed local library surrounded by the usual cast of bizarre characters, including one woman who looks like she just swallowed a giant lemon. I kind of want to bitchslap her, but then again, I am PMS'ing. You know the drill, fellow females.
Speaking of fellow females, I found out that a friend of mine has cancer. I don't know what to say, much less to do, other than to visit her soon and try to listen. She is very young to have this form of cancer, and it's obvious to me that life is, as usual, unfair as hell. I do not know if she will live, since it's in the late stages of the disease, but she is receiving chemo treatments. She's a wonderful person, and I guess Billy Joel had it right when he sang only the good die young. In this case, I hope that I won't have to sing that song at her funeral. God forbid! I curse the thought as I speak.
So, that's a very serious matter I cannot joke about. I can joke about other things, like being perpetually stressed, broke, and forever scrambling to get anything met. Like, you know, your needs and all that. There is actually some self-help book called Your Needs Met, and it's full of cheerful little prayers that seem to establish an unswerving belief in God. My belief in God has basically been run over repeatedly by a mac Truck, but hey, that's the case with many people. Mac understands, too.
Over the weekend I went to a very strange metaphysical church. At the end of the service we actually stood in a circle and sang a song about peace. I almost died laughing, but at least it wasn't Kumbaya, Lord. Then I would have dissolved on the floor, and been summarily kicked out.
Ah, well. My stress levels continue their toxic rise, but I have a joyous and forgiving heart, I am calm, and today, all my needs will be met! I have courage, strength, and wisdom. And God, I wish I had cable TV in my room.
May your day be very kumbaya-like.
Monday, March 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment